- Added: Support for Windows 7 Pre Beta.
- Added: Activation by middle button click (Alone or with Ctrl or Shift).
- Added: “Copy Path” command to right click menu.
- Added: All menu icons can be customized.
- Added: Select menu items by typing on keyboard.
- Changed: Better configuration dialog.
- The “Roll Up” and “Always on Top” functions was
removedmade optional. You can also try WinRoll (9 KB).
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
- http://www.codesector.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (US)
- http://www.teracopy.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (Europe)
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package(x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
Few days ago AVG reported the Klone.P virus in TeraCopy and Direct Folders. It was quickly fixed with next AVG update, but now it detects Klone.Z virus in same files. Personally I wouldn’t trust antivirus that can’t make decision about virus name. :) You may check your files at virusscan.jotti.org or at www.virustotal.com.
If you want to report the false positive please read here (thanks Jonathan for link).
You can disable AVG from scanning some folders. To do this:
1. Start AVG user interface
2. Select “Tools” – Advanced settings
3. Select “Resident Shield” – “Exceptions”
4. Click on “Add Path”
5. Browse to the path to be excluded from AVG scanning
6. Click on OK
From: AVG Technical Support [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 29 May 2008 12:28 PM
AVG Anti-virus Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.
“C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe” – false alarm
AVG Technical Support
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.
- Added: Roll-up and Always on Top feature.
- Right click on Maximize button to roll-up window and on Close button to set it Always on Top.
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Changed: Removed files from Recent menu since they handled by Windows itself.
- Added: Better handling an incorrect recent folders path.
- Added: Option to prevent specific applications to change global recent folders.
- Added: Hold Ctrl key to open folder in the new Explorer window.
- Added: Right click on Direct Folders menu to get a context menu.
- Fixed: Access violation error when calculating CRC.
- Fixed: Hanging on same drive copy on single core CPU systems.
- Changed: Sound is off by default.
- Added: Progress bar color settings.
- Added: ‘TestAlways’ option in the ini file
For those who missed our Christmas discount: use coupon code NewYear until January 14 to get 20.08% discount.
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list.
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer.
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list.
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).