Few days ago AVG reported the Klone.P virus in TeraCopy and Direct Folders. It was quickly fixed with next AVG update, but now it detects Klone.Z virus in same files. Personally I wouldn’t trust antivirus that can’t make decision about virus name. :) You may check your files at virusscan.jotti.org or at www.virustotal.com.
If you want to report the false positive please read here (thanks Jonathan for link).
You can disable AVG from scanning some folders. To do this:
1. Start AVG user interface
2. Select “Tools” – Advanced settings
3. Select “Resident Shield” – “Exceptions”
4. Click on “Add Path”
5. Browse to the path to be excluded from AVG scanning
6. Click on OK
From: AVG Technical Support [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 29 May 2008 12:28 PM
AVG Anti-virus Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.
“C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe” – false alarm
AVG Technical Support
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.
For those who missed our Christmas discount: use coupon code NewYear until January 14 to get 20.08% discount.
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list.
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer.
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list.
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).
- Added Unicode support.
- Added 10 sec timer to auto-close confirmation dialogs.
- Added option to run Unlocker if destination file is used by another process.
- Added buffer size settings to ini file.
- Added 1 sec delay before showing TeraCopy window.