We are working on a new release of Direct Folders. If you have some ideas on how it can be improved, feel free to share them at Direct Folders Community Forum.
Our issue tracking system is just opened at bugs.codesector.com. Please submit discovered bugs and feature requests with this system. Now it should be easier to follow the development progress. You can also ‘monitor’ resolution of specific issues you’re interested in.
To receive emails about new releases, please follow this link.
- Added: Ability to switch file dialogs to Large and Extra Large Icons modes.
- Added: Changing ‘Load at Windows startup’ option without admin rights.
- Fixed: Auto set view and sort modes under Windows Vista/7.
- Fixed: Detecting currently open Explorer windows.
- Fixed: Showing the path of the current executable for 64bit apps.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01rc4
- Fixed: Double-clicking in file dialogs with file grouping.
- Fixed: Not showing drives with more than 1 TB in size.
Almost all features should be working now under Windows 7/8. The main menu was also redesigned a little and new icons were added:
- Added: Favorites button to Info Panel.
- Added: Firefox bug workaround.
FireFox 3.6 blocks middle button click for unknown reason, but now you can use first button on Info Panel to invoke menu with favorite folders.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta.
- Added: Support for DirectoryOpus.
- Added: Few display options.
- Changed: Separate settings for double click and middle button click.
Direct Folders 3.61
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta 4.
PS. Please do not submit AVG virus reports about Win32/Heur.
Because this is a generic (so to speak) detection, the file has not been 100% confirmed to be malware by the virus analysts (e.g. it has not yet been given a name), so there is a chance that the file is being mistakenly detected and it is not actually malicious.
VirusTotal report. You can turn off heuristic scanning or add an exception for DF.
- Added: Support for Windows 7 Pre Beta.
- Added: Activation by middle button click (Alone or with Ctrl or Shift).
- Added: “Copy Path” command to the right-click menu.
- Added: All menu icons can be customized.
- Added: Select menu items by typing on a keyboard.
- Changed: Better configuration dialog.
- The “Roll Up” and “Always on Top” functions were made optional. You can also try WinRoll (9 KB).
- Added: Roll-up and Always on Top feature.
- Right-click on the Maximize button to roll-up window and on the Close button to set it Always on Top.
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Changed: Removed files from the Recent menu since they handled by Windows itself.
- Added: Better handling an incorrect recent folders path.
- Added: Option to prevent specific applications to change global recent folders.
- Added: Hold the Ctrl key to open a folder in the new Explorer window.
- Added: Right-click on Direct Folders menu to get a context menu.