A new version of TeraCopy is currently being rewritten from scratch. The goal is to make it faster and more extensible. Planned features include:
- Unlimited number of files, keep file list on disk instead of memory.
- Immediate start of copying instead of waiting for calculation of total files size.
- Verify copied files with MD5/SHA-1 instead of CRC32, option to create .md5/.sha file list.
- Show file list as browsable folders, show only failed files.
- One window for multiple file transfer operations.
- “Save bandwidth” mode
TeraCopy 3 beta is expected to be released early next year.
Update from December 7:
The new copy engine is ready and shows a good speed with both large and small files. Testing was done with a single 8 Gb file and 9 000 small files (300kb in size). In both cases speed was on a par or slightly faster than in Windows copy. MD5 hash calculation was on during the large file copy. Small files copying speed improved a lot after disabling Windows Defender.
Update from December 12:
TeraCopy now can avoid UAC prompts while reading files usually requiring elevation. This will eliminate possible ‘access denied’ errors in a middle of the copy process. For security reasons this feature will be available only to non-elevated administrators, users with a ‘standard account’ will still be required to start TeraCopy with admin privileges.
Update from December 17:
Copying using Volume Shadow Service is ready. Used usually in backup applications, it allows you to copy files locked by other applications.
Maverick 2.6 is just released with map tiles downloader. You can “paint” areas to download with one finger or select a rectangle block using multi-touch. Select on the left all zoom levels you want to download. Tap and hold to select at once all zoom levels up to the selected level.
Download: Pro version • Lite version
New National Geographic map:
- MapQuest Open Aerial
- NOAA RNC Charts
- Esri/ArcGIS (World Topo, USA Topo, National Geographic)
- Canada Toporama
- New Zealand Topo
- USGS National Map
- Trail.pl (Tourist, Terrain)
- GSI (Japan)
- Ordnance Survey (NPE, 1st Edition, 7th Series)
- OSM Labels
- Lonvia (Hiking, Cycling, MTB)
Download: Pro version • Lite version
We are offering a 50% discount starting today through January 7, 2014 on all our software. Just visit codesector.com/purchase, no coupons are required.
- Copy contents of this file to Clipboard: XYplorer.txt
- Select Tools – Customize Toolbar… in XYplorer.
- Add User Button #.. to Toolbar and click OK.
- Right click on the new button and select Edit…
- Click Edit… button and paste the script.
- Correct path to TeraCopy.exe if needed.
TeraCopy.exe can be used as icon source. You can also create two separate buttons, just split the script in half.
Another script is available here: www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2596&start=195
The final version is just released with minor bugfixes and UI improvements. Please test big files fragmentation, it should be lower now.
New Google+ Community for TeraCopy:
50% discount is available at Bits du Jour this weekend (December 7-8):
We’ll be running another sale at the end of this month, stay tuned!
New beta version has been posted in Google+ community:
- Address/places search prediction.
- Using new Fused Location Provider.
- Support for tracks formats:
- GPX (routes)
- PLT (OziExplorer)
- KML (Google Earth)
- NMEA (Canon 6D, S100, etc)
- Pebble support.
- Segments in tracks.
- Better multi-touch.
- Google Street View.
- NearMap Australia (paid service).
- Use external SD card option in Settings.
- Improved UI.
Added a new month calendar view:
• Shows events on a hours grid.
• Swipe up and down to change month.
• Tap and hold on a day to quickly add an event (6:00-23:00 or all day).
Also added support for individual event’s colors.
- Swipe up/down to scroll through shortcuts
- New display modes: Day, Night and Auto
- Auto switch between modes at sunrise/sunset
- Quickly change songs by swiping up/down
- Improved track recording
- Added option to clear the log file
- GPX files now contain track segments
- Fixed: Pandora shortcut does not work
- Trial period increased to 30 days
InDrive is now on sale. We are lowering the price of the InDrive Unlocker to just $0.99. Moreover, 20 randomly selected people who place an order over the next few weeks will receive the Pro version of SpeedView as a gift. Winners will be notified by email, and their names will be posted here.
This is a limited time offer, so act quick!
- New hybrid speedo layout
- Added option to invert indicator colors
- Keep running when the screen is locked
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
This update includes a new speedometer layout that we call Hybrid. It’s an updated version of the initial speedo layout that features an analog-like dial with big speed numbers in the center. We are keeping the Legacy layout in case you would still want to use it.
Note: To clarify the situation with the Free version, we would like to stress that it’s not “canceled”, as some reviews seem to say. It’s fully functional, and you can use it for as long as you like. However, we decided to focus on the Pro version in the future. Here are the advantages that the paid version has over SpeedView Free:
- The absence of ads
- Street address bar with some additional info
- Premium support – you will get an answer within a day
- Run in the background
- Enable track logging
- Min distance between points
- Min time between points
- Disable Poweramp integration
- Mute notification sounds
- Vibrate on press
- Quickly view album info
- The app now remembers the last used screen
Note: If you are experiencing the issue with the app randomly closing without any errors, try disabling integration with Poweramp in the app settings. This is a confirmed problem in Poweramp that unfortunately affects InDrive when integration is enabled. It should be fixed in the next Poweramp update.
Droid NAS was updated to version 1.1 which adds password protection option. Screen will now always stay on while application in foreground.
- Minimum accuracy
- Filter the GPS speed
- Clear individual data
- Hide the action bar
- Two more shortcut pages
- Better screen space usage
- Improved Poweramp integration
- Fixed: Force close when direct calling
Note for Android 4.2.x users: Unfortunately, it appears that Google has removed dock home support in Android 4.2. Pressing the Home button will now return you to the launcher screen instead of InDrive or other car home app of choice. If you would like this feature back, please vote for this issue.
We are offering a 50% discount starting today through January 7, 2013 on all our software. Just visit codesector.com/purchase, no coupons are required.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01 x64.
- Added: Auto-splitting files on FAT32 file systems.
- Added: Additional check for trimming file, useful on D-Link NAS devices.
- Added: ‘Confirm drag and drop’ option.
- Fixed: Removing files from filelist when not enough disk space.
- Fixed: Skip button now works on error files.
- Changed: Flashing window instead of tray notification.
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new Android application that may appeal to everyone who uses their phone while driving.
InDrive is a unique application that combines superior car home functionality with an advanced trip computer and deep Poweramp integration. The app makes it very easy to launch your favorite applications, directly dial numbers, view your trip information and control music playback*. It will auto launch when placed in a compatible car dock. If you don’t have a physical car dock, InDrive provides an option to force the phone into car mode, in which it will override the Home button.
* The music screen is designed to work in conjunction with Poweramp. Without Poweramp installed, you will only be able to do very basic controls such as switching to the next song in the default Android music player. Support for other media players is not guaranteed.
Please download the app from Google Play and tell us what you think. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Simple and clean widget designed to be a primary lockscreen widget. It shows current date and time together with events from your Google calendar. Swipe down to expand the widget to the entire lockscreen.
• Resizable and scrollable.
• Shows number of days/minutes to event.
• Tap on time to launch Clock app.
• Tap on date to open Google Calendar.
To add to the lockscreen (Android 4.2+):
1. Swipe lockscreen to the left until you see a big [+] icon.
2. Tap on the icon and select ‘Neat Calendar’.
3. Tap and hold on the widget and move it to the left of the camera screen.
To add to the home screen:
1. Open widgets list in the app drawer.
2. Tap and hold to place widget on the desktop.
A quick update: hook.dll was renamed to prevent Firefox from blocking Direct Folders. Thanks to everyone who sent this tip.
Trackback function will guide you along a previously recorded track with compass pointing to a nearest point. A new track can be recorded at the same time. Tap on the track info tip to start/stop trackback, change direction or set a nearest point.
Turn on Trackback and timer to watch your previous position correlated with the current time on track (multiple green circles). This way you can challenge yourself when going the same track as before.
Track sharing menu was expanded and now contains:
- Sending file (Email, Dropbox, GDrive..).
- Viewing GPX track in other apps (like My Tracks).
- Playing GPX track in Google Earth.
- Upload to GPSies.
Download: Pro version • Lite version
After a year and a half in development we are finally ready to launch the brand new version of soundmaven.com! Please have a look at some pre-aggregated pages:
The site can work a bit slowly when it aggregates a page for the first time due to it accessing quite a few APIs. To address this problem, we have cached 1000 most popular artists according to Last.fm and all of their albums.
If you like the site, you can help a lot by spreading the word about it through Facebook, Twitter or your own blog. We also appreciate any thoughts and opinions you may have, so feel free to post them on the site’s Feedback page. Thanks!
This is a major update that improves almost every aspect of the application, from the functionality to the design. It has been in development for quite a while, and we are very excited to finally be able to release it. Please see the detailed list of changes below.
What’s new in 3.0:
- Updated interface design
- Support for extra high-density screens
- New customizable speedo graphics
- User-selectable indicator views
- Smooth compass and speedo animation
- Automatic GPX export option
- New algorithm for GPS filtering
- Service now runs in the foreground
- Auto switch to GPS heading option
- Better organized settings screen
- Support for 1280×720 resolution
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) compatibility
- Many other tweaks under the hood
Note: This version (3.0.x) is pretty much a beta release. There are lots of things to improve and this list is growing as we listen to what you guys are saying in the comments section and in your emails. However, there is one frequent concern about this version that we want to address. We are NOT going to trash the previous default speedo layout. It will exist as a third option in its unchanged form for some time, and then will be replaced by a slightly revised skin to match the new look of the app. Stay tuned, and thanks for your feedback.
- Added: Ability to switch file dialogs to Large and Extra Large Icons modes.
- Added: Changing ‘Load at Windows startup’ option without admin rights.
- Fixed: Auto set view and sort modes under Windows Vista/7.
- Fixed: Detecting currently open Explorer windows.
- Fixed: Showing path of current executable for 64bit apps.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01rc4
- Fixed: Double-clicking in file dialogs with files grouping.
- Fixed: Not showing drives with more than 1 TB in size.
Almost all features should be working now under Windows 7/8. The main menu was also redesigned a little and new icons were added:
Droid NAS allows you to share folders over Wi-Fi network, making your Android device visible as Bonjour computer in Finder on your Mac. Turn your phone or tablet into wireless flash drive with a single tap!
Different profiles can be used to quickly choose which folders to share. Assign your home or office Wi-Fi networks to profiles and Droid NAS will auto-select profiles on start.
- Mac OS X.
- Android: apps like ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, GTVBox Video Player.
- Windows is NOT supported because it can’t connect to SMB servers via a non-standard port.
- Linux most probably also won’t work.
Droid NAS on Google Play
- Added MapQuest and Ordnance Survey maps
- Full support of custom maps and map servers
- UI adaptation for Galaxy Nexus
- Better compass support
- Barometer altitude on Galaxy Nexus, Xoom…
- No map flickering on tablets
- See nearest places on Foursquare and Wikipedia
Follow Maverick on Google+
There are currently 3 different UK maps in Maverick – Ordnance Survey, OS Explorer and Multimap:
- Added: Choose between TeraCopy and Explorer on every drag’n’drop operation.
- Added: Moving files within the same drive without launching TeraCopy.exe.
- Added: ‘/Report’ command line key.
- Fixed: Problem copying some locked files.
- Fixed: Unnecessary verification of skipped files.
- Fixed: Conflict with Google Chrome on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Dropping files into TC window now possible in Waiting mode.
- Fixed: Use %UL instead of %L in Total Commander buttons for Unicode support.
- Added: Resolving linked network folders to real path on Windows XP.
- Added: Option CopyCreationTime to ini file.
Probably fixed VMware problem as well. Please use carefully, it’s not fully tested.
Update: to reactivate the new drag’n’drop confirmation dialog in this beta version, set parameter ConfirmDrag to 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code Sector\TeraCopy with Registry Editor.
A rather useful tip from Andy Malcolm, you might want to test it, even if you have another AV:
Just a quick note to recommend that you suggest to your customers that they list teracopy.exe as an exclusion in Avira Antivirus on-access scanner. The reason being that I noticed full CPU usage when using your product with Avira and it was the Avira process wasting cycles, when I excluded your program from avira on access, your program, which had been somewhat unstable, started copying files 8 to 10 times faster than it had been before, my CPU usage dropped off to a more reasonable level and it seems to have resolved stability issues.
We have completely redesigned our website and it now features a much easier checkout process and the ability to pay with PayPal directly. We hope you enjoy the new look and functionality.
Please note that we are still tweaking some things here and there, so if you run into any bugs or issues please let us know.
We are offering a 50% discount starting today through November 28 on all our software. Just visit www.codesector.com/buy.php, no coupons are required.
Version 2.27 was updated the server with a new installer – now you can easily install a portable version as well. Just point the installer to your flash drive and select ‘Portable version’. Start menu shortcuts will not be installed and no changes to registry will be made. This also means no drag-and-drop integration.
Black Friday discounts are coming, stay tuned.
• Added: ‘Remove other’ to remove non-selected files from the list [Pro].
• Added: Better handling multiple copy processes.
• Added: Multiple retries to delete source files and folders after moving.
• Added: Tray notification when adding files to the existing process.
• Fixed: Problem with some non-Latin filenames.
• Fixed: Copied files now have a correct creation time.
• Added: WaitBeforeMinimize option to ini file.
TeraCopy on Google+