- Added: Multi-language interface.
- Added: Prevent system to enter sleep state.
- Added: Moving files on the same drive w/o enumerating files.
- Added: Option to eject removable drives.
- Added: New browse for folder dialog.
- Added: Ignore system reparse points.
- Fixed: Auto-resume all files.
- Fixed: Windows reported wrong file sizes on Mac drives.
- Fixed: Moving file with the same name as a folder.
50% discount available at Bits du Jour (June 8-9):
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not starting automatically.
PS. You can follow us on Twitter now.
Please test this version, big copy jobs should work better now.
- Fixed: Copy stops in the middle of operation (#52).
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
Version 2 is finally released.
- Click on the star or on the empty space to add a favorite folder.
This use this window, right click on a file and select “TeraCopy…”.
- Changed: When moving, source files are deleted immediately (after comparing size).
- Changed: Buffer for small files increased.
- Fixed: Sizes in TB not displayed correctly.
- Fixed: TeraCopy now keep folders’ timestamp when copying.
- Changed: Files added to the end of queue if target folder is the same.
- Added: Manager that allows you pause/resume/switch to other TeraCopy windows.
- Fixed: Files added to the end of queue if target folder and operation is the same.
- Added: Favorite target folders [Pro].
- Added: Auto-switch to Admin mode for UAC-protected folders.
- Added: Warning about FAT32 4gb file size limit.
- Fixed: Waiting processes now starting in correct order.
- Fixed: Same/different drives detection under Vista.
- Added: Progress indicator in Windows 7 Taskbar.
- Added: Auto-hiding waiting TeraCopy windows.
- Added: Clearing read-only attribute when copying from optical drives.
- Fixed: Problem with 7-Zip.
- Fixed: Trim file errors.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5b4, Windows 7 Explorer.
- Added: SetFileValidData function to avoid file fragmentation.
- Added: /Close switch.
- Added: CheckFreeSpace option in options.ini file.
- Added: handling long file paths (>256 characters).
- Added: ini file settings: MaxPathLimit, NoClose.
- Added: “TeraCopy…” entry in the 64-bit Explorer context menu.
- Added: Additional check if Admin mode required to write files to the root folder.
- Added: TeraCopy Links helper app:
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
- http://www.codesector.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (US)
- http://www.teracopy.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (Europe)
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package(x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.
- Fixed: Access violation error when calculating CRC.
- Fixed: Hanging on same drive copy on single core CPU systems.
- Changed: Sound is off by default.
- Added: Progress bar color settings.
- Added: ‘TestAlways’ option in the ini file
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list.
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer.
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list.
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).