A new version of TeraCopy is currently being rewritten from scratch. The goal is to make it faster and more extensible. Planned features include:
- Unlimited number of files, keep file list on disk instead of memory.
- Immediate start of copying instead of waiting for calculation of total files size.
- Verify copied files with md5 instead of CRC32, option to create .md5 file list.
- Show file list as browsable folders, show only failed files.
- One window for multiple file transfer operations.
- “Save bandwidth” mode
TeraCopy 3 beta is expected to be released early next year.
- Copy contents of this file to Clipboard: XYplorer.txt
- Select Tools – Customize Toolbar… in XYplorer.
- Add User Button #.. to Toolbar and click OK.
- Right click on the new button and select Edit…
- Click Edit… button and paste the script.
- Correct path to TeraCopy.exe if needed.
TeraCopy.exe can be used as icon source. You can also create two separate buttons, just split the script in half.
Another script is available here: www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2596&start=195
The final version is just released with minor bugfixes and UI improvements. Please test big files fragmentation, it should be lower now.
New Google+ Community for TeraCopy:
50% discount is available at Bits du Jour this weekend (December 7-8):
We’ll be running another sale at the end of this month, stay tuned!
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01 x64.
- Added: Auto-splitting files on FAT32 file systems.
- Added: Additional check for trimming file, useful on D-Link NAS devices.
- Added: ‘Confirm drag and drop’ option.
- Fixed: Removing files from filelist when not enough disk space.
- Fixed: Skip button now works on error files.
- Changed: Flashing window instead of tray notification.
- Added: Choose between TeraCopy and Explorer on every drag’n’drop operation.
- Added: Moving files within the same drive without launching TeraCopy.exe.
- Added: ‘/Report’ command line key.
- Fixed: Problem copying some locked files.
- Fixed: Unnecessary verification of skipped files.
- Fixed: Conflict with Google Chrome on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Dropping files into TC window now possible in Waiting mode.
- Fixed: Use %UL instead of %L in Total Commander buttons for Unicode support.
- Added: Resolving linked network folders to real path on Windows XP.
- Added: Option CopyCreationTime to ini file.
Probably fixed VMware problem as well. Please use carefully, it’s not fully tested.
Update: to reactivate the new drag’n’drop confirmation dialog in this beta version, set parameter ConfirmDrag to 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code Sector\TeraCopy with Registry Editor.
A rather useful tip from Andy Malcolm, you might want to test it, even if you have another AV:
Just a quick note to recommend that you suggest to your customers that they list teracopy.exe as an exclusion in Avira Antivirus on-access scanner. The reason being that I noticed full CPU usage when using your product with Avira and it was the Avira process wasting cycles, when I excluded your program from avira on access, your program, which had been somewhat unstable, started copying files 8 to 10 times faster than it had been before, my CPU usage dropped off to a more reasonable level and it seems to have resolved stability issues.
Version 2.27 was updated the server with a new installer – now you can easily install a portable version as well. Just point the installer to your flash drive and select ‘Portable version’. Start menu shortcuts will not be installed and no changes to registry will be made. This also means no drag-and-drop integration.
Black Friday discounts are coming, stay tuned.
• Added: ‘Remove other’ to remove non-selected files from the list [Pro].
• Added: Better handling multiple copy processes.
• Added: Multiple retries to delete source files and folders after moving.
• Added: Tray notification when adding files to the existing process.
• Fixed: Problem with some non-Latin filenames.
• Fixed: Copied files now have a correct creation time.
• Added: WaitBeforeMinimize option to ini file.
TeraCopy on Google+
- Added: Export filelist to HTML (sortable columns) and CSV files [Pro].
- Changed: Graphical buttons instead of pseudo-graphical.
- Changed: If Shutdown option is selected, batch file PowerOff.cmd will be launched.
- Fixed: Transfer.log now written in Unicode.
- Fixed: Renaming multiple files with same name.
- Fixed: Waiting for other processes to finish testing after copying.
All exe files and installer now digitally signed, it means less problems with anti-virus software. If you have problem with AVG please update virus definitions.
PS. You can also watch for updates on Google+.
- Added: Better USB devices ejection.
- Added: Option ‘CardReader’ to ini file.
- Added: Option ‘ForceSameDriveMode’ to ini file.
- Added: New language strings.
- Fixed: Crush when testing md5 files.
- Fixed: Always test target folder and request admin privileges if needed.
Specify a device name (e.g. CardReader=Multi-Card reader) to unmount volumes instead of ejecting a card reader device.
- Added: Language files (can be corrected with Poedit).
- Added: Ejection of source/target removable drives, mounted volumes detection.
To get started, please request access on Web Translate It. Translation can be done directly on the site or offline with poedit.
- Added: Multi-language interface.
- Added: Prevent system to enter sleep state.
- Added: Moving files on the same drive w/o enumerating files.
- Added: Option to eject removable drives.
- Added: New browse for folder dialog.
- Added: Ignore system reparse points.
- Fixed: Auto-resume all files.
- Fixed: Windows reported wrong file sizes on Mac drives.
- Fixed: Moving file with the same name as a folder.
50% discount available at Bits du Jour (June 8-9):
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not starting automatically.
If you found ‘Shutdown after copy’ option not very useful, you can specify additional application. Updated help page with example settings for USB Disk Ejector.
PS. You can follow us on Twitter now.
- Fixed: Error in CRC check of large files when moving.
- Fixed: Error in waiting processes.
50% discount at Bits du Jour:
Please test this version, big copy jobs should work better now.
- Fixed: Copy stops in the middle of operation (#52).
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
Version 2 is finally released. Don’t forget about 50% discount for TeraCopy at Bits du Jour today (June 23, 2009). http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/teracopy/
- Click on the star or on the empty space to add a favorite folder.
This use this window, right click on a file and select “TeraCopy…”.
Bits du Jour will be offering TeraCopy 2 on June 23, 2009 at 50% discount. Direct Folders sale planned in July. http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/teracopy/
Not much time left, so please take your part in testing latest beta and submit bugs and ideas to our bug tracker. It also has a simple voting system, let us know which features you need the most.
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
2 solutions to disable UAC for TeraCopy only:
Disable UAC for certain applications
Why wait for Windows 7? Get a better UAC now
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list. [Pro]
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer. [Pro]
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list. [Pro]
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).
- Added Unicode support.
- Added 10 sec timer to auto-close confirmation dialogs.
- Added option to run Unlocker if destination file is used by another process.
- Added buffer size settings to ini file.
- Added 1 sec delay before showing TeraCopy window.