Initial implementation of the file list, which currently allows scrolling and filtering. Items are loaded dynamically to support lists with virtually any size.
– File replace dialog.
– Clone files (copy/paste in same folder).
– Support for Windows 10 and Ultra HD monitors.
– Shutdown/Sleep/Hibernate on finish.
– Play sound at finish.
– Verify only copied files.
– Lot of bugs fixed.
It’s more usable now, but file list is not implemented yet.
The file replace dialog is ready, if you need more replace rules/options please post it in the comments along with a scenario, i.e. why you need it.
Small thumbnails will be displayed instead of icon for image files. Clicking on these thumbnails will show bigger previews on the left.
The UI was also updated for Windows 10 and Ultra HD monitors.
If you’re searching for a TeraCopy 3 Pro crack, you’ve come to the right place. Because the Pro version of TeraCopy 3 doesn’t exist yet. We feel really sorry for people who waste their time downloading TeraCopy 3 from pirate sites. In the best case you’ll get some name (not yours) in the about dialog – that’s all the difference. In the worst case, you’ll get a virus or a malware. So, save your time and just download TeraCopy from the official site: codesector.com/downloads.
- Moving files.
- Delete/wipe files: youtu.be/MD7uVEofY0U.
- Create a new folder with selected items using Explorer context menu: youtu.be/qwGwf779D1Q.
- Select hash method for testing files.
- Verify against hash in clipboard: youtu.be/geLuL2PE2_I.
- Accept ‘license’ file from application folder (useful for portable version).
- Fixed panels auto close bug.
Not present in this alpha version: file list, overwriting files.
Download: newer version available.
TeraCopy Pro is 50% off on BitsDuJour until February 25, 2015:
The fine print:
– After you purchase TeraCopy Pro it may be used indefinitely.
– Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for the lifetime of the product.
– TeraCopy Pro is licensed per user, so if more people are going to use TeraCopy Pro you will need to purchase additional copies.
– Each license allows installation on all owned computers, and TeraCopy Pro may be used at exactly the same time on each of them.
– Transfer of a license to another owned computer is allowed.
– License activation isn’t required.
– Panel UI.
– Test files after copy.
– Verify checksum files (.md5, .sfv, .sha, .sha256, .sha512).
– Test files and create checksum files (currently .md5 only).
– Fixed Explorer context menu extension.
Not present in this version: moving and deleting files, file list, overwriting files.
Download: newer version available.
Creating checksum files:
- Right click on selected files in Explorer and select ‘TeraCopy…’ or drag files to TeraCopy window.
- Click ‘Test’ button.
- Use left click to expand panel.
- Select ‘Options’ tab.
- Check ‘Save checksum file on finish’ option.
Verifying checksum files:
- Simply double click on .md5/.sfv/.sha file.
Feel free to post your variants of UI design, a few themes will be added in the final version.
Feel free to test this new alpha version:
- Faster copy, especially to/from network locations and with small files.
- Single tabbed interface for multiple file transfer operations.
- Copy files using elevated Windows Service and Volume Shadow Copy.
- Unlimited number of files, the internal file list stored on disk instead of memory.
- Create MD5 checksum filelist after copy.
Not present in this version: moving and deleting files, displaying/editing file list, overwriting files.
Download: newer version available.
Note: Temporarily removed auto-install of TeraCopy Windows service due to false alarms of antivirus software. If you want to try it, please run TeraCopyService.exe /install in Admin mode.
A new version of TeraCopy is currently being rewritten from scratch. The goal is to make it faster and more extensible. Planned features include:
- Unlimited number of files, keep file list on disk instead of memory.
- Immediate start of copying instead of waiting for calculation of total files size.
- Verify copied files with MD5/SHA-1 instead of CRC32, option to create .md5/.sha file list.
- Show file list as browsable folders, show only failed files.
- One window for multiple file transfer operations.
- “Save bandwidth” mode
TeraCopy 3 beta is expected to be released early next year.
Update from December 7:
The new copy engine is ready and shows a good speed with both large and small files. Testing was done with a single 8 Gb file and 9 000 small files (300kb in size). In both cases speed was on a par or slightly faster than in Windows copy. MD5 hash calculation was on during the large file copy. Small files copying speed improved a lot after disabling Windows Defender.
Update from December 12:
TeraCopy now can avoid UAC prompts while reading files usually requiring elevation. This will eliminate possible ‘access denied’ errors in a middle of the copy process. For security reasons this feature will be available only to non-elevated administrators, users with a ‘standard account’ will still be required to start TeraCopy with admin privileges.
Update from December 17:
Copying using Volume Shadow Service is ready. Used usually in backup applications, it allows you to copy files locked by other applications.
- Copy contents of this file to Clipboard: XYplorer.txt
- Select Tools – Customize Toolbar… in XYplorer.
- Add User Button #.. to Toolbar and click OK.
- Right click on the new button and select Edit…
- Click Edit… button and paste the script.
- Correct path to TeraCopy.exe if needed.
TeraCopy.exe can be used as icon source. You can also create two separate buttons, just split the script in half.
Another script is available here: www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2596&start=195
The final version is just released with minor bugfixes and UI improvements. Please test big files fragmentation, it should be lower now.
New Google+ Community for TeraCopy:
50% discount is available at Bits du Jour this weekend (December 7-8):
We’ll be running another sale at the end of this month, stay tuned!
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01 x64.
- Added: Auto-splitting files on FAT32 file systems.
- Added: Additional check for trimming file, useful on D-Link NAS devices.
- Added: ‘Confirm drag and drop’ option.
- Fixed: Removing files from filelist when not enough disk space.
- Fixed: Skip button now works on error files.
- Changed: Flashing window instead of tray notification.
- Added: Choose between TeraCopy and Explorer on every drag-drop operation.
- Added: Moving files within the same drive without launching TeraCopy.exe.
- Added: ‘/Report’ command line key.
- Fixed: Problem copying some locked files.
- Fixed: Unnecessary verification of skipped files.
- Fixed: Conflict with Google Chrome on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Dropping files into TC window now possible in Waiting mode.
- Fixed: Use %UL instead of %L in Total Commander buttons for Unicode support.
- Added: Resolving linked network folders to the real path on Windows XP.
- Added: Option CopyCreationTime to ini file.
Probably fixed VMware problem as well. Please use carefully, it’s not fully tested.
Update: to reactivate the new drag-drop confirmation dialog in this beta version, set parameter ConfirmDrag to 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code Sector\TeraCopy with Registry Editor.
A rather useful tip from Andy Malcolm, you might want to test it, even if you have another AV:
Just a quick note to recommend that you suggest to your customers that they list teracopy.exe as an exclusion in Avira Antivirus on-access scanner. The reason being that I noticed full CPU usage when using your product with Avira and it was the Avira process wasting cycles, when I excluded your program from avira on access, your program, which had been somewhat unstable, started copying files 8 to 10 times faster than it had been before, my CPU usage dropped off to a more reasonable level and it seems to have resolved stability issues.
Version 2.27 was updated the server with a new installer – now you can easily install a portable version as well. Just point the installer to your flash drive and select ‘Portable version’. Start menu shortcuts will not be installed and no changes to registry will be made. This also means no drag-and-drop integration.
Black Friday discounts are coming, stay tuned.
- Added: ‘Remove other’ to remove non-selected files from the list [Pro].
- Added: Better handling multiple copy processes.
- Added: Multiple retries to delete source files and folders after moving.
- Added: Tray notification when adding files to the existing process.
- Fixed: Problem with some non-Latin filenames.
- Fixed: Copied files now have a correct creation time.
- Added: WaitBeforeMinimize option to ini file.
- Added: Export filelist to HTML (sortable columns) and CSV files [Pro].
- Changed: Graphical buttons instead of pseudo-graphical.
- Changed: If the Shutdown option is selected, the batch file PowerOff.cmd will be launched.
- Fixed: Transfer.log now written in Unicode.
- Fixed: Renaming multiple files with the same name.
- Fixed: Waiting for other processes to finish testing after copying.
All .exe files and the installer now digitally signed, it means fewer problems with anti-virus software. If you have a problem with AVG please update virus definitions.
- Added: Better USB devices ejection.
- Added: Option ‘CardReader’ to ini file.
- Added: Option ‘ForceSameDriveMode’ to ini file.
- Added: New language strings.
- Fixed: Crush when testing md5 files.
- Fixed: Always test target folder and request admin privileges if needed.
Specify a device name (e.g. CardReader=Multi-Card reader) to unmount volumes instead of ejecting a card reader device.