Whats’s new in this version:
- Sunrise/sunset now working.
- Landscape mode [Pro].
- Lock compass to bearing [Pro].
- OS UK Map, NearMap Australia, OSM Cycle Map.
Version 2.3 Pro – Sep 25, 2010
- Street address
- Position accuracy indicator
- Number of sats used in fix
- Advanced logging settings
Version 2.3 Free – Sep 25, 2010
- Orientation sensor compass
- Advanced zoom mode
- Zoom/HUD color options
Note: 0-60 mph and 1/4 times are coming soon!
- Added: Better USB devices ejection.
- Added: Option ‘CardReader’ to ini file.
- Added: Option ‘ForceSameDriveMode’ to ini file.
- Added: New language strings.
- Fixed: Crush when testing md5 files.
- Fixed: Always test target folder and request admin privileges if needed.
Specify a device name (e.g. CardReader=Multi-Card reader) to unmount volumes instead of ejecting a card reader device.
- Added: Language files (can be corrected with Poedit).
- Added: Ejection of source/target removable drives, mounted volumes detection.
To get started, please request access on Web Translate It. Translation can be done directly on the site or offline with poedit.
- Added: Multi-language interface.
- Added: Prevent system to enter sleep state.
- Added: Moving files on the same drive w/o enumerating files.
- Added: Option to eject removable drives.
- Added: New browse for folder dialog.
- Added: Ignore system reparse points.
- Fixed: Auto-resume all files.
- Fixed: Windows reported wrong file sizes on Mac drives.
- Fixed: Moving file with the same name as a folder.
Version 2.2 – August 28, 2010
- New track logging algorithm
- Zoom view added
- Fixed: Problem with background service
- Minor improvements
Version 2.1 – August 18, 2010
- Move to SD Card (Android 2.2)
- Changelog added
- Fixed: Force closes Â in landscape mode
Version 2.0.0 – August 17, 2010
- Run in background
- GPX track export
- Average speed
- Time traveled
What’s new in this version:
- UTM, OSGB grids
- Multimap UK OS Map
- Create/delete KML/GPX files with waypoints
- Fullscreen mode
- More maps
- AU cache import fix
- Google Hybrid view
- Cache importing
- Support for multiple GPX/KML files with waypoints
- Language setting for Google maps
- Many other improvements
Currently supported maps: Google, Bing, OSM (Mapnik, OsmaRender, Public Transport), Ovi/Nokia, Wikimapia, Multimap UK, Outdooractive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Cykloatlas (Czech Republic, Slovakia).
New UTM/OSGB grids:
50% discount available at Bits du Jour (June 8-9):
- Added: Favorites button to Info Panel.
- Added: Firefox bug workaround.
FireFox 3.6 blocks middle button click for unknown reason, but now you can use first button on Info Panel to invoke menu with favorite folders.
We would like to introduce our new app – SpeedView for Google Android. It’s an advanced GPS speedometer that uses the phone’s built-in GPS system to show yourÂ current and top speed, direction and distance traveled. Successfully tested using T-Mobile G1, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid and Nexus One, it’s suitable for running, car driving, biking or hiking.
- Top speed
- Speed graph
- Display units: mph, km/h and knots
- Speed warning
- HUD (mirrored) mode
The free, ad-supported version of SpeedView is available now for download on Android Market.Â Paid version with some additional features is coming soon.
Please note that the accuracy depends on your GPS reception quality.
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not starting automatically.
If you found ‘Shutdown after copy’ option not very useful, you can specify additional application. Updated help page with example settings for USB Disk Ejector.
PS. You can follow us on Twitter now.
- Fixed: Error in CRC check of large files when moving.
- Fixed: Error in waiting processes.
50% discount at Bits du Jour:
What’s new in this version:
- Knots and nautical miles
- Better integration with Google Earth
Multi-touch is an over-hyped technology, especially when used in a browser and maps :) In Android browser I’ve changed zoom 2-3 times this year, when the font size was too small. If you think it could be useful for zooming maps, try to do it with one hand :)
But multi-touch is very helpful in other cases: games, software keyboards, touchpads in MacBook. It’s good to have it as an additional input method. That’s why it’s supported by Maverick now. Works on Android 2.0 (even if you have it on G1) and Cyanogen mods (uses this hack).
Please test this version, big copy jobs should work better now.
- Fixed: Copy stops in the middle of operation (#52).
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
Version 2 is finally released.
- Click on the star or on the empty space to add a favorite folder.
This use this window, right click on a file and select “TeraCopy…”.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta.
- Added: Support for DirectoryOpus.
- Added: Few display options.
- Changed: Separate settings for double click and middle button click.
Direct Folders 3.61
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta 4.
PS. Please do not submit AVG virus reports about Win32/Heur.
Because this is a â€œgenericâ€ (so to speak) detection, the file has not been 100% confirmed to be malware by the virus analysts (e.g. it has not yet been given a name), so there is a chance that the file is being mistakenly detected and it is not actually malicious.
VirusTotal report. You can turn off heuristic scanning or add exception for DF.
- Added: Support for Windows 7 Pre Beta.
- Added: Activation by middle button click (Alone or with Ctrl or Shift).
- Added: “Copy Path” command to right click menu.
- Added: All menu icons can be customized.
- Added: Select menu items by typing on keyboard.
- Changed: Better configuration dialog.
- The “Roll Up” and “Always on Top” functions was
removed made optional. You can also try WinRoll (9 KB).
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
2 solutions to disable UAC for TeraCopy only:
Disable UAC for certain applications
Why wait for Windows 7? Get a better UAC now
Just added support for Vista x64. Also fixed bug with double-clicking on Back/Up buttons.
Note for registered users (version 3.21 or earlier): please contact us to get a new key for Direct Folders Pro.
Few days ago AVG reported the Klone.P virus in TeraCopy and Direct Folders. It was quickly fixed with next AVG update, but now it detects Klone.Z virus in same files. Personally I wouldn’t trust antivirus that can’t make decision about virus name. :) You may check your files at virusscan.jotti.org or at www.virustotal.com.
If you want to report the false positive please read here (thanks Jonathan for link).
You can disable AVG from scanning some folders. To do this:
1. Start AVG user interface
2. Select â€˜Toolsâ€™ – Advanced settings
3. Select â€˜Resident Shieldâ€™ – â€˜Exceptionsâ€™
4. Click on â€˜Add Pathâ€™
5. Browse to the path to be excluded from AVG scanning
6. Click on OK
From: AVG Technical Support [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 29 May 2008 12:28 PM
AVG Anti-virus Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.
“C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe” – false alarm
AVG Technical Support
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.