50% discount available at Bits du Jour (June 8-9):
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not starting automatically.
If you found ‘Shutdown after copy’ option not very useful, you can specify additional application. Updated help page with example settings for USB Disk Ejector.
PS. You can follow us on Twitter now.
- Fixed: Error in CRC check of large files when moving.
- Fixed: Error in waiting processes.
50% discount at Bits du Jour:
Please test this version, big copy jobs should work better now.
- Fixed: Copy stops in the middle of operation (#52).
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
Version 2 is finally released.
- Click on the star or on the empty space to add a favorite folder.
This use this window, right click on a file and select “TeraCopy…”.
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
2 solutions to disable UAC for TeraCopy only:
Disable UAC for certain applications
Why wait for Windows 7? Get a better UAC now
This version of TeraCopy can be set as default copy handler in Vista x64.
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list.
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer.
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list.
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).
- Added Unicode support.
- Added 10 sec timer to auto-close confirmation dialogs.
- Added option to run Unlocker if destination file is used by another process.
- Added buffer size settings to ini file.
- Added 1 sec delay before showing TeraCopy window.