50% discount available at Bits du Jour (June 8-9):
- Added: Favorites button to Info Panel.
- Added: Firefox bug workaround.
FireFox 3.6 blocks middle button click for unknown reason, but now you can use first button on Info Panel to invoke menu with favorite folders.
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not starting automatically.
PS. You can follow us on Twitter now.
What’s new in this version:
- Knots and nautical miles
- Better integration with Google Earth
Multi-touch is an over-hyped technology, especially when used in a browser and maps :) In Android browser I’ve changed zoom 2-3 times this year, when the font size was too small. If you think it could be useful for zooming maps, try to do it with one hand :)
But multi-touch is very helpful in other cases: games, software keyboards, touchpads in MacBook. It’s good to have it as an additional input method. That’s why it’s supported by Maverick now. Works on Android 2.0 (even if you have it on G1) and Cyanogen mods (uses this hack).
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta.
- Added: Support for DirectoryOpus.
- Added: Few display options.
- Changed: Separate settings for double click and middle button click.
Direct Folders 3.61
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta 4.
PS. Please do not submit AVG virus reports about Win32/Heur.
Because this is a â€œgenericâ€ (so to speak) detection, the file has not been 100% confirmed to be malware by the virus analysts (e.g. it has not yet been given a name), so there is a chance that the file is being mistakenly detected and it is not actually malicious.
VirusTotal report. You can turn off heuristic scanning or add exception for DF.
- Changed: When moving, source files are deleted immediately (after comparing size).
- Changed: Buffer for small files increased.
- Fixed: Sizes in TB not displayed correctly.
- Fixed: TeraCopy now keep folders’ timestamp when copying.
- Changed: Files added to the end of queue if target folder is the same.
- Added: Manager that allows you pause/resume/switch to other TeraCopy windows.
- Fixed: Files added to the end of queue if target folder and operation is the same.
- Added: Favorite target folders [Pro].
- Added: Auto-switch to Admin mode for UAC-protected folders.
- Added: Warning about FAT32 4gb file size limit.
- Fixed: Waiting processes now starting in correct order.
- Fixed: Same/different drives detection under Vista.
- Added: Progress indicator in Windows 7 Taskbar.
- Added: Auto-hiding waiting TeraCopy windows.
- Added: Clearing read-only attribute when copying from optical drives.
- Fixed: Problem with 7-Zip.
- Fixed: Trim file errors.
- Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5b4, Windows 7 Explorer.
- Added: SetFileValidData function to avoid file fragmentation.
- Added: /Close switch.
- Added: CheckFreeSpace option in options.ini file.
- Added: handling long file paths (>256 characters).
- Added: ini file settings: MaxPathLimit, NoClose.
- Added: “TeraCopy…” entry in the 64-bit Explorer context menu.
- Added: Additional check if Admin mode required to write files to the root folder.
- Added: TeraCopy Links helper app:
- Added: Support for Windows 7 Pre Beta.
- Added: Activation by middle button click (Alone or with Ctrl or Shift).
- Added: “Copy Path” command to right click menu.
- Added: All menu icons can be customized.
- Added: Select menu items by typing on keyboard.
- Changed: Better configuration dialog.
- The “Roll Up” and “Always on Top” functions was
removedmade optional. You can also try WinRoll (9 KB).
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Added: Optionally delete incomplete files if transfer canceled by user.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
- Added: “Run in Admin mode” button.
- Fixed: Setting as default copy handler under Vista Standard accounts.
Added in beta 4a:
- Fixed: Error when copying entire drive.
- Changed: Test result displayed as ‘N files match, N errors’.
- Changed: Rename files by appending _(number).
- Added: ‘WaitBeforeClose=N’ option (ini file). Set to 1000 for 1 second.
- http://www.codesector.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (US)
- http://www.teracopy.com/files/teracopy2b4.exe (Europe)
If TeraCopy doesn’t work as default copy handler on 64 bit system, try to install these packages:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package(x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
Few days ago AVG reported the Klone.P virus in TeraCopy and Direct Folders. It was quickly fixed with next AVG update, but now it detects Klone.Z virus in same files. Personally I wouldn’t trust antivirus that can’t make decision about virus name. :) You may check your files at virusscan.jotti.org or at www.virustotal.com.
If you want to report the false positive please read here (thanks Jonathan for link).
You can disable AVG from scanning some folders. To do this:
1. Start AVG user interface
2. Select “Tools” – Advanced settings
3. Select “Resident Shield” – “Exceptions”
4. Click on “Add Path”
5. Browse to the path to be excluded from AVG scanning
6. Click on OK
From: AVG Technical Support [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 29 May 2008 12:28 PM
AVG Anti-virus Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.
“C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe” – false alarm
AVG Technical Support
- Added: Roll-up and Always on Top feature.
- Right click on Maximize button to roll-up window and on Close button to set it Always on Top.
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Changed: Removed files from Recent menu since they handled by Windows itself.
- Added: Better handling an incorrect recent folders path.
- Added: Option to prevent specific applications to change global recent folders.
- Added: Hold Ctrl key to open folder in the new Explorer window.
- Added: Right click on Direct Folders menu to get a context menu.
- Fixed: Access violation error when calculating CRC.
- Fixed: Hanging on same drive copy on single core CPU systems.
- Changed: Sound is off by default.
- Added: Progress bar color settings.
- Added: ‘TestAlways’ option in the ini file
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: sfv and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list.
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer.
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list.
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes are now copied.
- Fixed: Estimated time left are now displayed correctly on 12h systems.
Beta 2 (December, 2):
- Fixed: High CPU usage.
- Fixed: Large fonts display problem.
- Added: Adding files in a separate thread.
- Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.
- Added: Number of retries in the ini file.
Vista x64 support will be added later.
After rewriting TC’s engine I figured out that it needs more informative progress bars. It will now display the amount of both read and written data.
This version is still in development, any suggestions are welcomed.
Update: v2.0 beta is released
- Added: Option to run CRC test when file transfer is complete.
- Added: Option to save report and shutdown system after file transfer.
- Added: Support for 64 bit systems (beta).